South East Florida Chapter
Welcome to IASA South East Florida
The South East Florida Chapter has been an official IASA Chapter since December 2010. Please contact us to make sure you are on our email list so we can contact you directly for upcoming news about the chapter development.
Our chapter is open to any individual with a desire to learn about IT Architecture and connect with individuals in the profession. We are open to open to architects of all types including software, infrastructure, information, business and enterprise.
Basic membership is free! Basic membership includes:
- Subscription to IASA newsletters for industry, event and education news
- Access to free architectural and trends focused webinars
- Access to local chapter events
Full Membership is $125 per year and includes all of the following:
- Downloadable IT Architect Body of Knowledge (ITABoK)
- Subscription to biweekly Iasa newsletters for industry, event and education news
- Full access to 1,000+ white papers, articles, podcasts and presentations in the online Content Repository
- Extensive online Self-Assessment including learning resources for each pillar
- Free Professional Lucid Chart account (a $100 value!)
- Access to free online courses
- Discounts to all online training courses
- Online Membership Directory
- Ability to vote in local chapter elections
- Special interest and certification study group meetings
- Speaking opportunities at chapter events, conferences and webinars
- Ability to participate on IASA Global Board and Committees
The MDM Journey at Citrix - March 2014 - Mark Blanchette gave a great presentation to a crowd of over fifty people at Citrix on Citrix's Master Data Management journey. This was a joint event with the people from TDWI the data warehouse institute. There was a lot of participation and questions.
Enterprise Architecture Patterns - Nina Grantcharova gave an excellent presentation about Enterprise Architecture Patterns with details and examples in front of a large audience. Nina answered many questions and gave a complete overview of the most important design patterns. In the second part of the meeting, the officers and board of director's members were introduced and the advantages of IASA membership as well as opportunities and ways to get involved in the IASA South East Florida Chapter was presented.
Legal Issues in IT - Ms. Kennedy, Intellectual Property Attorney with an active litigation, trademark and copyright practice, presented: How Google, Wal-Mart & Apple Make their Millions – The Secret Ingredient: Intellectual Property
This topic initiated great interest and the meeting room at Microsoft Ft. Lauderdale filled up to the last seat. Most Architects, Engineers, and MBA’s are not aware about Intellectual Property, Basic Patent, Trademark, or legal issues related to the web. After clarifying the basic definitions, Ms. Kennedy explained in detail how intellectual property issues could make or break a company.
Members had the opportunity at the end of the presentation to ask questions, discuss legal problems, and several members shared their experiences related to Intellectual Property and other IT related issues. If you want to protect your ideas and intellectual property, you have to be aware of the implications and need to take the right steps in order to protect them.
All Chapter Members agreed that it was an outstanding and lively presentation. Ms. Kennedy presented high quality content and made participants aware of legal IT issues. In the name of all chapter members, thank you to Ms. Kennedy for taking the time for this amazing presentation.
Ted Harwood (Vice President)
Ray Almonte (Treasurer)
Sam Abraham (Secretary)
Alberto Franco (Board Member)