About Iasa Global
Advancing Architecture Professional Excellence
Formally known as the International Association for Software Architects, we have changed our name to be just Iasa Global, a non-profit association for ALL IT Architects. Iasa Global is headquartered in beautiful Austin, TX but our reach is global with multiple chapters around the world.
Established in 2002, the association is committed to improving the quality of the IT architecture industry by developing and delivering standards, education programs and developing accreditation programs and services that optimize the development of architecture profession. Iasa membership consists of approximately 80,000 members located in over 50 countries.
It is the mission of Iasa to make architecture the most educated, capable, and recognized profession in the world. Iasa works to accomplish this by advancing proven standards and best practices that help architects in their daily jobs and help organizations to best utilize architects in executing their technology strategies.
Iasa exists to support the development of the architecture profession as a whole. Our association seeks to address several challenges that are present in field of architecture today:
• A lack of organizational resources targeted at the architect in their daily role.
• A lack of common definition for fundamental architect skill sets.
• Variability of the architect role across organizations.
• Difficulty in finding like-minded and similarly skilled specialists to interact with
on a peer-to-peer basis.
• The challenge of categorizing types of architects and evaluating competence.
Iasa was founded to address such uncertainty and strives to enable individual architects to set a career path and follow that career path across organizations in a way that other professions may take for granted.